[mythtv-users] Good Frontend

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:36:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:22:24AM -0500, Josh White wrote:

>> > one,
>> > the
>> >
>> > I'm using a USB DVD with my Revos. Works a treat.
>> >
>> > The Revo enjoys an exceptionally high WAF (Wife Approval Factor) - she was
>> > happy for me to buy five of them!
>> >
>> > Ian

>> P.J.,
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but I noticed this (
>> http://www.system76.com/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=95) yesterday.
>> The price seems a bit high, but not totally unreasonable. It has the ion
>
>    It's a bit big though. Although it should still fit in the general AV
> footprint. I wouldn't consider it for the bedroom though. This is something
> that I would put next to a cable box or DVD player.
>
>    For a bedroom, I would get the smallest box I can find.
>
> [deletia]

I did a review of the Meerkat Ion on my website, complete with images
and coupon code: http://www.baablogic.net/drupal/node/2

I would highly recommend it.  I run mine fanless, and it is quiet as
can be.  I originally ordered it without an optical drive but decided
to add one at a later point, I used a usb slim dvd drive in the
interim, so that gives the OP some options.  System 76 is definitely
worth supporting as well, they are an Ubuntu vendor and have wonderful
support.

If you want to customize beyond what System 76 allows, then you could
just build your own, there are plenty of Zotec/Asus Ion boards out
there, and some nice cases by Antec and A-Open.