[mythtv-users] US Broadcasting bastards

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Mar 2 14:53:44 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/25/2010 11:50 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 08:44 -0800, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
>>
>>> When setting the recording, whether for one showing, weekly, all, or
>>> whatever; just go to the "scheduling options" and you can choose to
>>> change the start or end, early or late for either.
>>>
>> The question becomes what does the scheduler to in the face of this when
>> two programs are to be recorded back-to-back on the same tuner and both
>> are asking for 5 minute pre and post-rolls?
>>
>> If they are on the same channel, I have often mused that Myth could
>> handle that by writing that 5 minutes of what will be post-roll on the
>> first show and pre-roll on the second show (i.e. it's the same 5 minutes
>> in time for both) to both files.
>>

> And MythTV will do exactly this for digital channels on the same
> multiplex (including the same channel) on a digital capture card with
> multirec enabled.

It still takes 2 virtual tuners to do it though, so conceptually it's using 2
inputs; they just happen to both come from the same physical hardware. If you don't
have a spare multirec tuner, you still can't do it.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts