[mythtv-users] Mass delete recordings

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Mar 2 14:10:07 UTC 2010

Gerald Brandt wrote:
> Hi,
> ----- "Matthew Zimmerman" <mzimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'd like to be able to delete a bunch of recordings at once, but both the
>> > web interface and the frontend only allow one file at a time. Is there a
>> > simple way to do a mass delete?
>>
>> I once believed like you :) Then I found the features if you go into
>> the menu area not on a specific Scooby-Doo program, but on the group
>> of them (I forget what this is called.) There you'll see a whole host
>> of features. My favorite is adding them all to the playlist and then
>> using shuffle play :)
>>
>> Matt
>

> I found a menu that allows me to add a a series to a playlist, but I can't find a
> delete anywhere. How did you activate the menu for mass delete?

You're halfway there! Once you have the programs in the playlist, press MENU again,
and choose "playlist options". Delete will be one of the entries in that menu, and
choosing it will delete every item in the playlist.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts