[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Issues

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 13:32:42 UTC 2010

On 3/1/2010 9:54 PM, Richard Woelk wrote:
> Jeff,
>    When you record for 10 seconds with cat /dev/video0 > test.ts, does
> it play back properly? Any problem with audio or video can cause the
> HDPVR to quit recording. I had this problem a while back after I moved
> a working system. I thought the test.ts file played back properly but
> I didn't have speakers plugged into my backend. The SPDIF optical was
> plugged into the output of the HDPVR and not the input. Also, if you
> can, try recording (not just preview) with a windows computer to test
> if it can record properly.
Using cat, it appears to play back ok, with audio.  In myth, sometimes
it doesn't lock and plays in 10 second bursts (and you can watch the
blue light and its on while playing, drops off then playback starts
again when the light comes back on).  While playing, it's choppy, and
the audio is out of sync, but it has always been that way with LiveTV on
the HDPVR, the recordings were fine before.

Jeff.
--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 6 months and 1 week, saving $5,820.42 and
not smoking 38,802.81 cigarettes.