[mythtv-users] 1TB+ drive recommendation?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Mar 2 01:21:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 05:33:52PM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> > http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
> > WD 1.5TB Green:
>
> That is the one I would get. I have the 2TB model. It works great and
> is actually faster than my Seagate 7200.11 750GB 7200RPM models even
> though that it is a ~5900 RPM drive.

    I have some of the troublesome Seagates but I don't have them in
applications where they would be expected to cause trouble. I use one
of the newer Seagates just fine as one of my recording drives.

    I don't have a strong brand preference and just tend to buy on price
and then keep a close watch on drive diagnostics. I could certainly see
why you might want to avoid Seagate these days.