[mythtv-users] Heads up - Gentoo 0.22 Upgrade Coming Soon

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Tue Mar 2 00:31:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:57:25 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Making sure I can go backward if I have a problem is probably the
> most important thing to me. If the first frontend cannot play then
> backing the server down to 0.21 again is what I really want to make
> sure I can do.

In theory that doesn't have to be a big problem.  Just use quickpkg to
save a copy of the 0.21 files, and keep a database dump handy.  Note
that you're stuck recovering to that point in the past, so figure out if
you want to revert BEFORE you end up with a pile of soon-to-be-lost
recordings (unless you plan on trying to manually add them back to the
database or watch them via mythvideo).  Generally you can't run across
different mythtv versions, and the local issue makes that even trickier
than it would otherwise be.  A 0.21 client will partially corrupt your
database if you don't apply some mysql configuration changes on every
client.