[mythtv-users] Fixed starting channel

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 22:43:22 UTC 2010

On 29/06/10 23:24, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 29 June 2010 23:11, Jelle De Loecker<skerit at kipdola.com>  wrote:
>
>> Starting channels appear to be global: when I make a succesful change on my
>> frontend next time another frontend will start on that channel, too. It
>> doesn't matter if the channel is in that frontend's channel group.
>>
>> This is incredibly annoying as certain HD channels don't play well on slower
>> frontends and tend to tear them down.
>>
>> How can I manually fix the starting channel, so that it never changes?
>>
> You could run a script regularly that corrects the starting channel,
> or you could remove the starting channel update query from the source
> and rebuild MythTV.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

  I've seen this too. Its a minor irritation for me as I only have SD
channels, its just sometimes the Live TV channel is set to a parttime
channel slot and it baulks.
I thought about a script to fettle this but I wouldn't know where to
start. Perhaps a request to the dev list for a feature request asking
for a 'always start channel'.