[mythtv-users] sudden change in recording start-up time

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 20:52:15 UTC 2010

On 29/06/10 20:46, Nick Morrott wrote:
> DNS settings
i don't think so. I can ping the various nodes on the network ok. And
given my general ignorance of network config I usually steer away from
messing with such things.

However, further testing has forced another error.
After a long delay starting a recording, if i quit playback and replay
the same file its starts much quicker (3-5s). Similar replay of any
subsequent recording start in 3-5s.

However, if i then go to live TV it fails to display and reports "Error
opening jump programme file buffer".
If I then attempt to replay a recording the old 60s delay hit again.
I'm now thinking something is wrong at the back end.