[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 fails, "DiB0070 I2C read failed"

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:11:39 UTC 2010

On 28 June 2010 22:32, Dan <dansto.well+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Our myth box with dual Hauppauge tuner works fine on boot, but then
> overnight it often stops being able to tune to anything, meaning our
> scheduled recordings fail. I think it happens about the same time as
> this appears in /var/log/messages:
>
>  Jun 28 01:51:18 boxname kernel: [105744.068079] DiB0070 I2C read failed

Dan,

This used to be a common issue with the dual tuner Hauppauage cards
(although there are/were Nova-T 500 and Nova-TD 500 cards). If you
have both tuners set to use active EIT collection in mythtv-setup,
trying switching one off (to use passive EIT collection) to see if
this helps. Historically, this did seem to improve stability.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott