[mythtv-users] Recordings disappeared

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 10:50:29 UTC 2010

On 29 June 2010 03:23, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had to stop and restart the back end.  It appears mythtv lost track
> of what was really recording
>
> There have been other discussions about similar problems recently, and I
used to get this a lot, (3 to 5 times a week) but I cured it by accident
when I stopped recording to the same drive as the OS and MySQL database, and
instead I now record to two USB drives.

Why this would cure the problem for me I do not know.

The thing I observed that would also kick the problem off, was if the drive
was running low on diskspace, it never actually ran out, auto-expire took
care of that, but still when low the problem was far more prevalent than
when diskspace was plentyfull.

Jason