[mythtv-users] I thought I understood HDMI audio, but...

GZ gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 04:21:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:

> I just don't believe it.  What a great explanation...and right on the
> money.  I just  happened to have an old nvidia 8400gs, so I plugged it in
> and used the DVI output; both video and audio works fine.  Wow, an empty
> audio stream, I never would have guessed.  I'll use this board until I
> figure out how to get audio into the nvidia 220 (another weekend of reading
>  :) ).  Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.
>
> Hi Don,
Hopefully, this will save you some trouble on getting the gt220 working:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_set_up_HDMI_audio_on_nVidia_GeForce_G210%2C_GT220%2C_or_GT240

Short answer - you need alsa-1.0.23 (if you use fedora, I recommend the
atrpms package; not sure about ubuntu, otherwise, compile from source)

Good luck.
-Greg