[mythtv-users] weather.com Terms of Use

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jun 28 21:08:03 UTC 2010

On Monday, June 28, 2010 01:56:35 pm Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> > All we're trying to express is that we think you're incorrectly
> > interpreting the license.  That's all.  What you do with that opinion
> > is up to you.
>
> I hope that you are right :)  But better safe than sorry, I think.  We'll
> survive.  And we'll have nice maps anyways.  Soon, I hope...  Even if in
> the end, I need to implement my own right off NOAA data...  but so far, it
> looks good to use wunderground's NOAA-derived maps (they have both static
> and animated).

To many of us who are of a certain age in the USA "Weather Underground" means something that has nothing to do with either
meteorology or TOS agreements.

But it certainly sounds like a good source for weather info. After all, we *do* pay for NOAA data.

Names can be confusing at times.

As my Dad once said, he wasn't certain if "Grand Funk Railroad" was a good name for a band or not, but he thought it was a
GREAT name for a Railroad.