[mythtv-users] Frontend quits on load

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 00:36:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 June 2010 01:10, Thomas Mashos <tgm4883 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> OK, next time I tripple check my facts, yes, from my original post
>>>
>>> mount: can't find /dev/sdb in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
>>> QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
>>> QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
>>>
>>> So maybe it is the same error, but it means that the MythUbuntu install
>>> ISO and MythTV in canonicals servers is unusable by a large proportion of
>>> people.  How do I request that someone that can change this, changes it?

>> You either A) Join the Mythbuntu development team and do the paperwork to
>> get the fix backported, or B) enable autobuilds
>> http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds
>>
>> It is fixed in 10.10
>>
>> :) do it yourself seems to be the answer, cool, I can understand the
> sentiment behind it.  But I did just want to point out that option B doesn't
> prevent a large number of people new to MythTV from downloading a version of
> MythTV that doesn't work and who knows how many of them will give up before
> they discover how to fix the problem?
>
> I'm not sure I can join anyones dev team as I'm not about to develop
> anything, but if someone can point me in the direction of what paper work
> then I will look to see if I can do the paper work, I just really don't want
> peoples first experience to be a failure when the problem is already
> understood and fixed and "all" thats needed is to supply people with the
> fixed version as opposed to knowingly supplying the broken version.

The Mythbuntu Developer team isn't just for people that know how to code.
There is a wide variety of things that need to be done/kept up to date.
Things such as
* Write documentation
* Art team stuff
* Bug stuff
* etc

There are people on the team that don't know how to code, and don't need to.
Not everyone is a developer in that sense, but everyone can be a
contributer.

What you are asking here would be an SRU
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates