[mythtv-users] Frontend quits on load

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:42:33 UTC 2010

On 28 June 2010 00:39, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 June 2010 00:09, Curtis Porter <curtis.porter at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  I should explain some more I think on reflection
>>
>> When I instaled from a Mythbyntu ISO or installed Ubuntu and then using
>> the Ubuntu software manager to install MythTV it always errored in the way I
>> and Douglas desribed.  However, if I installed Ubuntu and used the Mythbuntu
>> website to install MythTV then my frontends work.
>>
>> And the mount that appears in the logs for the failed installs make no
>> sense to me at all, it is NOT something I configured.
>>
>> Do you also see this error in your frontend log?
>>
>> *QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
>> *
>> The box I set up for my brother-in-law had this problem, which looks to be
>> caused by this bug:
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8194
>>
>> The workaround is to take your DVD out of the drive.
>>

> Nope, not seen that error myself, and my DVD drive is USB and only plugged
> in for the install and until Im confident its working, then its
> disconnected.

OK, next time I tripple check my facts, yes, from my original post

mount: can't find /dev/sdb in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread

So maybe it is the same error, but it means that the MythUbuntu install ISO
and MythTV in canonicals servers is unusable by a large proportion of
people.  How do I request that someone that can change this, changes it?