[mythtv-users] Frontend quits on load

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:05:29 UTC 2010

On 27 June 2010 23:52, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:

> I fixed it, buy an odd route.
>
> I deleted Mythbuntu, and installed Ubuntu 10.04, I then used the Mythbuntu
> website to download and install Mythfrontend.
>
> Now everything works.
>
> But I treid another Mythbuntu install the other day, and it fails exactly
> the same way as it always did.
>
> On 27 June 2010 23:22, Douglas Hitchcock <clarkaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I'm in a very similar situation, I just upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04 and
>> my frontend is segfaulting very similarly.  my console looks just like
>> yours, i have the strange mount error (though mine is looking for /dev/sde),
>> then Segmentation Fault.
>>
>> I should explain some more I think on reflection

When I instaled from a Mythbyntu ISO or installed Ubuntu and then using the
Ubuntu software manager to install MythTV it always errored in the way I and
Douglas desribed.  However, if I installed Ubuntu and used the Mythbuntu
website to install MythTV then my frontends work.

And the mount that appears in the logs for the failed installs make no sense
to me at all, it is NOT something I configured.

Jason