[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 02:26:59 UTC 2010

Hi

On 26 June 2010 09:58, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> Could you put the choice between SPDIF, HDMI and Analog before the list of devices and filter the list of devices appropriately?
> That way you would not have to try and guess what "default" means since the user would have already told you.

I don't like that option... One more setting with 3 values..

there's enough settings already.

> You could even filter out bad choices like "PulseAudio:default", and force the user to type it in manually if they REALLY want
> to use it :-P

PulseAudio:default only shows up if you have pulseaudio installed and
running. Not going to remove it if a user has decided they wanted to
run pulseaudio (like you did...)

> The only time this is likely to break is if a 4th option is added to the SPDIF HDMI Analog selection, because the 4th option
> would not be there. But I guess the user could type it in until the 4th option gets added in a later update.

I suddenly feel like soon you're going to ask for a 5th option..

> Arn't SPDIF and IEC958 the same thing? or is IEC958 ambiguous as well?

they are.. but alsa may report both, or only one or the other.

> If I had to choose, I'd go with a larger set of blatantly obvious choices, than a smaller set of ambiguous choices.

I'm pretty sure the solution I have in mind is going to work better..