[mythtv-users] [addressed, can't really call it solved] dtv, ivtv swapping /dev/video0, 1 across reboots

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 18:32:53 UTC 2010

> Plainly this points up a design flaw in the linux kernel.

Actually, I believe this depends on your distro. I have the opposite
problem on Slackware when I replace a NIC -- Slackware remembers the
removed NIC as eth0, so it assigns the new one as eth1 and I have to
go delete the automatically-created udev custom-rule so my new NIC can
be eth0.

So... not really a kernel issue. If you want your devices to be
sticky, look to the tools in your distro.