[mythtv-users] vdpau problem

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:36:06 UTC 2010

On 25 June 2010 16:29, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is a hardware problem ...
>
> About a month ago I started getting stutters on 1080i recordings.  720p is
> fine.  Sometimes it would start about 10 minutes into a show, other times
> not for 30 or 40 minutes.  If I stopped playback for a few minutes and then
> came back it would be ok but after a short while would start stuttering
> again.  The recording would play back fine through my PS3 via mythtv's upnp
> media server, so the original file is ok.
>
> Checking the frontend load I was only showing about 0.2 during the
> stuttering.
>
> I also updated the nvidia drivers from 190 to 195 but still happening.
>
> So, time for a new video card?

I see this sometimes on my Laptop which I use a part time FE, in end I
worked out its heat, which explained why I was seeing it most when I was in
bed since the bed clothes prevented the laptop getting decent ventilation.
If I let the laptop cool down, or better still make sure it doesn't get too
hot in the first place the problem goes away.

Jason