[mythtv-users] vdpau problem

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:29:16 UTC 2010

I think this is a hardware problem ...

About a month ago I started getting stutters on 1080i recordings.  720p is
fine.  Sometimes it would start about 10 minutes into a show, other times
not for 30 or 40 minutes.  If I stopped playback for a few minutes and then
came back it would be ok but after a short while would start stuttering
again.  The recording would play back fine through my PS3 via mythtv's upnp
media server, so the original file is ok.

Checking the frontend load I was only showing about 0.2 during the
stuttering.

I also updated the nvidia drivers from 190 to 195 but still happening.

So, time for a new video card?