[mythtv-users] PVR 350 Capture Config Problem

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Fri Jun 25 15:27:41 UTC 2010

Mike Holden wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>
>> Ken Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry this post is rather long. Is there a way to trace the calls
>>> between Myth and the IVTV driver? If anyone has a PVR 350
>>> configured on
>>> a similar system I'd appreciate knowing what your settings are or
>>> any
>>> other suggestions. I've probably missed something obvious.....
>>>

>> I have a PVR250 (same receiver side as 350) which used to work
>> perfectly well on
>> 0.21 (the old story) but I took it out when I moved to 0.22 as most
>> of my
>> recording is now done via DVB-T.
>>
>> Recently I tried to bring the PVR250 back into service in order to
>> capture from
>> a Virgin cable box. It does so, but only in black and white :(
>>
>> I'm thinking that something in the driver has changed recently.
>>

> Are you using SVideo, or the RF tuner to capture from your cable
> box? If using SVideo, make sure you use the correct input (off te
> top of my head, I think you need "Composite 1" rather than the
> apparently obvious "S-Video 1"). Using the wrong one can end up with
> black & white instead of colour.
>
> As for tuning issues, I don't use it any more, as I'm in Granada and
> we've been switched over to digital now.

In my case we still have some Analogue broadcast stuff around for a year
or so yet and I also have some local Analogue RF sources. I will shortly
be starting to use the S-Video input linked to my Virgin Cable box and
the RF input will get less and less usage. Thanks for the tip. To be
fair my primary source is DVB-T but there is still a lot of Analogue around.

In my testing with the PVR-350 on 0.23 I have found that the scan for
channels in MythSetup for an analogue source is non-functional (function
removed or a bug?), but if I manually configure the analogue channels
they work. And in colour.

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.