[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA direct channel change?

Tom Metro tmetro+mythtv-users at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 19:15:59 UTC 2010

Brent Meyer wrote:
> Ron Garrison wrote:
>> I may pursue the slingbox version
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320503257270
>
> I bought the Slingbox cable. For what it's worth, it works perfectly
> between my CommandIR and Comcast DTAs. Just keep in mind that the IR
> emitter end of the Sling cable uses a 2.5mm plug, so you may need to
> find an adapter.

Any chance you can post the wiring diagram for that? (Should be easy to
do if you happen to have a continuity tester (ohm meter). I'm assuming
it is a passive cable, and doesn't incorporate an optocoupler, as has
been suggested in this thread.)

Not a big deal, but it will save a few minutes of experimentation for
those that want to build their own cable.

Here's the list of end-points:

Comcast DTA
-----------
tip
middle-ring
outer-ring

IR blaster
tip
ring

Also note which DTA you tested it with (Thomson, Pace, Motorola).

I'll add the info to the wiki (I plan to create a page on DTAs) if you
can supply it.

Thanks,
 -Tom