[mythtv-users] another scheduling mishandling

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jun 24 14:13:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 09:50 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> But that makes me wonder, do I in fact want to increase the priority of
> the digital versions of channels?

I should have held off sending until I tried this because it reveals
something very interesting.  I did try to increase channel priorities
for all of the digital channels that are on that one multiplex that
*should* be able to record both The Office and Rookie Blue.  The
re-scheduling did in fact move Rookie Blue to the digital channel that
should allow both programs to record:

C2      The Office               5 - WGRZ             09:00 PM 30 mins
        Rookie Blue: Fresh Paint 3 - Global Toronto   09:00 PM 1 hr
        Rookie Blue: Fresh Paint 9 - WWTI             09:00 PM 1 hr
D1      Rookie Blue: Fresh Paint 936 - WWTI           09:00 PM 1 hr
Earlier Rookie Blue: Fresh Paint 555 - The Acc. Chan. 09:00 PM 1 hr
Earlier Rookie Blue: Fresh Paint 3 - Global Toronto   09:00 PM 1 hr

But notice that The Office is still recording on the analog version of
WGRZ even though there is a digital version of it on channel 11 which is
on the same multiplex as channel 936.

Interestingly the above schedule, as well as that testsched output I
gave a link to in the last e-mail seems to only find the analog showing
of The Office on WGRZ but finds both the analog and digital showings of
Rookie Blue on WWTI.

mythbackend -v schedule --testsched output for the above schedule, with
the digital channel priorities increased can be found at:
http://brian.interlinx.bc.ca/testsched (again, if anyone cares to take a
look).

Thots?

b.