[mythtv-users] fanart backgrounds in watch recordings?

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Thu Jun 24 12:04:23 UTC 2010

On 24/06/2010 06:46, Glen Hawksworth wrote:
>> James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there support for fanart backgrounds in Watch Recordings (as
>> opposed to just in mythvideo)?
>
> I started automatically getting artwork in Watch Recordings as soon
> as I configured MythVideo. Surprised the hell out of me! I think the
> guide information has to be right; since I changed to a web based
> grabber instead of the broadcast EPG the quality of my guide
> information has greatly improved.

This can happen because the Recordings screen looks for artwork that
matches the program title in the same directories that MythVideo uses.
Therefore if you've previously downloaded metdadata for some episodes
and then record others from TV, it can find the artwork and display it
on the Recordings screen.

However because its matching the title to the filename exactly some
fanart isn't found.

For instance downloading metadata in MythVideo for "CSI: Crime Scene
Investigation" or "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" caused the
fanart to be saved without the ":", whereas the Recordings screen
expects the colon to be there.

(There are probably many other scenarios where the TV listings title
doesn't match the web site titles or filename mangling rules).

Relying on this method also means you don't automatically get fanart for
other TV programmes that you have never had MythVideo metadata for.

Using the -MW option jamu now and again works around both these issues
so you should get artwork for all your recorded programs if its
available on the web sites.

Regards,
Jason