[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial and mceusb v2

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 01:19:08 UTC 2010

On 23 June 2010 01:39, Joseph Flack <jflackmd at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jarod's fix does not seem to work.  I am missing soemthing....
>
> Here is the lirc.conf in /etc/modprob.d/  Do I need to delete something?
> alias char-major-61-0 mceusb
> alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial

I'm not sure if these alias lines are required for new versions of
LIRC which use different major numbers for their nodes. Jarod will
know for sure.

> options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
> install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none ; /modprobe
> --ignore-install lirc_serial

There's a path error in the last line - it should be:

install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install lirc_serial

> Here is what I now have  in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> ---------------------------------------
> touch /var/lock/subsys/local
>
> /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=lirc_serial --device=/dev/lirc1 \
> --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 --pidfiles=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid

The driver to use with the lirc_serial module is "default", not "lirc_serial".

> Jarod's change in /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none >/dev/null 2>&1
> /sbin/modprode lirc_serial >/dev/null 2>&1

You have a typo in the last line above - it should be:

/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial >/dev/null 2>&1

I'd also check the permissions on the file after you've corrected it.

> I get only one /dev/lirc*
>
> # ls -l /dev/lirc*
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 249, 0 Jun 22 20:14 /dev/lirc0

Due to the typo above I think - I bet it'll work when you fix these errors.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott