[mythtv-users] Scheduling bug? Two episodes at same time

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Wed Jun 23 23:33:03 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 10:30 AM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:38:53AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Again, I'm pretty sure there's no bug here--just something else
>> going on that we're not recognizing.
>
> Mike,
>
> I think the problem might be that the scheduler assumes programs with
> the same title and starttimes on the same channel (callsign) are the
> same.  This is done in ProgramInfo::IsSameTimeslot().  If that's the
> case, it's a configuration error because the channels shouldn't have
> the same callsigns if they have different programming.  Now, if the
> programming is normally almost the same (the final group stage games
> being on at the same time is a bit of an anomoly), we might consider
> adding a programid check in IsSameTimeslot().

David:

Dead on diagnosis! Works perfectly after I changed the callsign.

Thank you.
Len

mysql> select chanid, channum, callsign, name from channel where channum
like '34%';
| chanid | channum | callsign | name       |
|   1341 | 34_1    | WUVG-DT  | Univision  |
|   1342 | 34_2    | WUVG-DT  | Telefutura |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update channel set callsign = 'WUVG-DT2' where chanid = 1342;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0