[mythtv-users] Recording Priority = 99 not a trump all?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jun 23 21:33:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:30:27PM -0700, Douglas Peale wrote:
> Then I did understand the priority scheme correctly, and the priority scheme is broken.
> By setting all SD versions of channels at a priority of -10, there should have been no circumstances where an SD channel was
> chosen over an HD channel since all of the SD versions were on tuners with equivalent HD versions.

No, the priority scheme is not broken.  Your understanding of how the
scheduler uses it is broken.  When SchedMoveHigher is enabled, the
scheduler moves recordings around one at a time and the first fit
wins.  it does not continue on looking for "better" fits.
Consequently, recordings might get moved to lower priority inputs or
channels.

If you want to see how the scheduler arrives at its result, add "-v
schedule" to your mythbackend command line.  If you don't have any
off-line slaves, you can perform a dummy schedule by running
"mythbackend -v schedule --testsched".

> I have worked around this bug by disabling the SD versions. I don't like this workaround though, because when Comcast plays
> musical channels again it will be hard to notice that the hidden channels have changed since they are hidden.

If you never want the SD channels to be used, then you should mark
them as invisible.  That's what I do.

David
--
David Engel