[mythtv-users] Re : Is there a way to activate Video Acceleration API for Intel Ironlake (HD Graphics) on MythTV?

Xavier de Almeida xavierdealmeida at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 23 15:44:18 UTC 2010

In the news, it is written:
In order to use VAAPI, you need a media player that supports it. E.g. you can get mplayer with vaapi support from mplayer-vaapi-latest.tar.bz2

Therefore I assume it will be a new parameter to be selected like xvmc, xv, etc... or do you think it will be part of xvmc option?

which means that it can work today if we have at least:
	* Kernel: Linux 2.6.34-rc5with enable-multiple-ring-buffer.patch
	* Libdrm: libdrm 2.4.20with libdrm_multiple_ring_buffer_on_master.patch
	* Libva: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libva (i965_h264 branch) 0c70b6b6c6f65fe67e525dfa7be75ae036549f6d