[mythtv-users] Scheduling bug? Two episodes at same time

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jun 23 14:30:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:38:53AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Again, I'm pretty sure there's no bug here--just something else
> going on that we're not recognizing.

Mike,

I think the problem might be that the scheduler assumes programs with
the same title and starttimes on the same channel (callsign) are the
same.  This is done in ProgramInfo::IsSameTimeslot().  If that's the
case, it's a configuration error because the channels shouldn't have
the same callsigns if they have different programming.  Now, if the
programming is normally almost the same (the final group stage games
being on at the same time is a bit of an anomoly), we might consider
adding a programid check in IsSameTimeslot().

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net