[mythtv-users] anyone here using an hvr-950q?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Jun 23 12:02:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I got one of these (an HVR-950Q) and am trying to use it on Ubuntu Lucid
> (2.6.32-22-generic), but I'm finding that there is some kind of memory
> leak.
>
> At this point, I'm just trying to see how big the pool of users is.
>
> If you are using one successfully (or not even) can you drop me a line
> with your distro and kernel version?

I've got one.  ;-)

Can you provide more specifics on why you think there is a memory
leak?  And why do you think it is specific to the 950q?

Also, if you're using the device on Lucid, did you make sure to
install the latest v4l-dvb code (as there were several critical bug
fixes required to make the device work properly with MythTV)?

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs