[mythtv-users] dtv, ivtv swapping /dev/video0,1 across reboots

Harry Coin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Wed Jun 23 00:21:51 UTC 2010

I have a debian lenny backend, it has an ivtv card and a dvico dtv card.
Sometimes when it boots the ivtv is video0, and the dtv is video1,
sometimes the dtv is /dev/video0 and the ivtv hauppauge is video1.   I
think it has something to do with how fast firmware loads but I really
can't tell.

How does a person always cause each particular pci card to get the same
/dev/video# is systems with two tuner cards that are not the same mythtv
driver class no matter what?

Thanks!

Harry