[mythtv-users] HDPVR Changing Framerate

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 23:04:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:17 PM,  <shredder83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a HDPVR and was having the audio sync drift issue. I downgraded my firmware to 1.0.5.301 to be able to record at 59.94fps not the 60fps I was getting on the 1.5.6.1 firmware.
>
> Well, seems that this worked for a few days. Now my HDPVR has gone back to 60fps. I have NOT changed the firmware on the device.
>
> Is this normal for people? Should I reload 1.0.5.301 in hopes that it will go back to 59.94fps? Or should I try upgrading to the 1.5.6.1 firmware?
>
> My connections to the HDPVR are the component video and SPDIF for audio.

I also experienced the problem where firmware
upgrades/downgrades/resets would seem to fix the problem, only to have
it return a day later.

For my DISH vip211 receiver, I have it set to always output PCM audio
(not AC3).  This plus the 1.0.5.301 firmware has fixed the audio drift
problem for many months now.  I am using component video and RCA audio
inputs.

Jim