[mythtv-users] How to get multiple IR transmitters running

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Tue Jun 22 20:44:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm still fighting with the fall out of the Comcast digital conversion
in my area. I gave up on getting IguanaIR to control my two Comcast
supplied adapters (DTA100's).  IguanaIR worked fine with one, but
choked on two at a time.

Anywho, I added a PCIe 4-port serial card and two serial IR
transmitters... hoping that would be the *easy* road.  I got one
working fairly easily via the mythbuntu wizard and some command line
testing with ir_send.  However, my searching has not revealed a
straight answer as to how to get the second one cooking.

Do I need to compile a seperate instance of lirc_serial?

Does this howto work for transmitters too or only receivers
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MultiLIRC)?

I feel like I am missing something major, as I felt confident that I
was not the only one desiring to control multiple external tuners.  I
will gladly write a howto... once I figure out which ways up.

Thanks in advance.

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today
of its strength.—Charles Spurgeon