[mythtv-users] Odd video playback behavior

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:19:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 June 2010 17:43, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> They are accessible on the frontend at utils/setup > setup > tv
>> settings > playback and then about 3 screen's in. It will say Playback
>> Profiles. These are used for all content, myth recorded or not.
>>
>> Also when you post back here with your playback profile please include
>> the brief description of your playback hardware.
>
> It's currently set to CPU++, there is an option for VDPAU, I select the the
> High Quality option just now, all that does is make the front end hang on
> playback.

You can only use VDPAU if your hardware supports it. Which basically
means you need an nvidia chipset GPU - which I don't believe your
machine has. I could be wrong - I don't own one of these.

The bad news is that with CPU++ and a low powered Atom CPU I'm not
sure you'll be enjoying HD in Linux.

-JohnnyJ