[mythtv-users] Run user script at start recording

Brendan Fosberry brendan.fosberry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:09:59 UTC 2010

Hi all, is there a way to set a user script to execute when livetv or a
recording starts?

I have a power-on/off script for my hdpvr to switch my set top box on/off
however I can only manually toggle right now until I can find a way to
script it into mythtv. It needs to be run whenever Watch TV is
started/stopped or whenever a recording starts/stops.

I don't THINK this functionality exists right now so the simplest solution
is to commit a change to the mythtv source with a link to a mythtv user
variable (similar to user jobs) listing a script to be run the start and
then another to be run at the end.

Any opinions or ideas on this?

thanks
Brendan