[mythtv-users] How does Video Metadata grabbing work in Trunk?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Mon Jun 21 07:20:39 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>    My comment to Greg was trunk specific and not relevant to 0.23+fixes.

I don't mean to be rude, but I thought I had made this abundantly clear:

MythTV Version   : 25139
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 57
Library API      : 0.23.20100619-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg.

I realise that your comment to Greg had little to do with me, since my
problem is clearly different: Myth is trying to use grabbers which
aren't there.

Can anyone tell me why my metadata grabbers folder is missing/not
where myth is looking for it?

Actually, let me generalise that question a little bit: What is the
normal linux way of searching the system for a specific file?

- Chris