[mythtv-users] Intel HD graphics on Core i5 with HDPVR output: success stories/opinions ?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jun 20 17:38:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:54 AM, mike <mikpolniak at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> Is it worth investing in the Clarkdale core i5 CPU and using the
> integrated graphics on mythrontend?
>
> I already have frontends with nvidia and ati working with HDPVR output,
> so just considering Clarkdale.

Intel graphics aren't currently capable of hardware-accelerated
decoding in mythtv, and on top of that, they have miserable vsync
issues that lead to visible tearing in many cases. You're much better
off using nvidia graphics. X folks have promised for years they'd fix
the vsync thing, and someone worked on it briefly once, but the fix
didn't pan out, and so far as I know, nobody with the know-how cares
enough to come up with a proper fix. I could be wrong though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com