[mythtv-users] How does Video Metadata grabbing work in Trunk?

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Jun 20 14:26:26 UTC 2010

On 10-06-20 09:50 AM, Greg wrote:
> -l en -M Eagle Eye
Greg,
     First I use trunk and the "Eagle Eye" tmdb search worked for me.
What I did see that is definitely off is that the TV Series searches
such as "tmdb.py -l en -M V s02e18" is using a movie grabber instead of
the TV grabber "ttvdb.py". Is there a chance that you video
directory/filename combinations are not supported? See:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

If you try from the command line the same MythVideo calls from the front
end log it may help in your analysis:

 > /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M "V, The Final
Battle, Part 1 (1984)"
You will get no results.

 > /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -l en -M "Eagle Eye"
You should get back XML with the first item being the "Eagle Eye" movie
details.

Doug