[mythtv-users] DPMS power savings

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 11:52:02 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> I have my system connected to a TV that ignores DPMS signals.  Is there any
> benefit to having my video card send DPMS signals if my TV will ignore them?
>  Will the card use less electricity, maybe generate less heat?

I don't have an answer to your original question.  I also have a front
end TV that ignores DPMS power off.

My 23" Samsung LCD works fine and powers off the monitor.  My
Panasonic rear projection ignores DPMS power off.  The screen blanks,
but the guns don't shut off.  So then it continually scrolls
"Digital-In".

I guess my real question when looking for a new TV when needed is what
key words or specifications to look for in a TV that powers off the
display guns.