[mythtv-users] Vuvuzela filter

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 09:37:53 UTC 2010

Hi

On 20 June 2010 12:34, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> Played with the 0.23-fixes patch today while watching Cameroon v.
> Denmark today. Didn't really seem to make that much of a difference,
> seemed to just dull all audio. Wondering if I did something wrong, or
> if the 0.23 patch just isn't as functional as the trunk one... Or if I
> just had unrealistic expectations.

Were you watching via ESPN ?

Talking to someone on IRC, and because he didn't hear any difference
whatsoever (while the filter was definitely active) ; I'm guessing
ESPN is filtering those frequencies themselves and that's why you're
not hearing much difference.

BBC UK said they were going to filter those too..

Here , SBS don't filter, and the difference is rather impressive. You
still hear the vuvuzela and screams, but you don't have the constant
bzzzbzzbzzzzz that sounds like a wasps nest and never stops..

Jean-Yves