[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) and diskless clients

David Asher asherml at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 23:55:03 UTC 2010

On Jun 19, 2010, at 3:54 PM, German Rodriguez wrote:

> I did this an run into several glitches
>
> This is more or less what I did:
>
> $ sudo aptitude install mythbuntu-diskless-server
> $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythbuntu-diskless-server
> $ sudo ltsp-build-client --mythbuntu
> --mythbuntu-user-credentials="your-user-id-here:your-password-here"
> --copy-package-lists --copy-sourceslist --accept-unsigned-packages

[deletia]

> ltsp-update-kernels (a must)
> ltsp-update-image
>
> boot diskless
>
> run nvidia-driver

[more deletia]

> boot
>
> the killers where the removing of the .ICEauthority, installing
> nvidia-current instead of GLX right from the start and updating the
> kernel image as it blacklist nouveau which is a PITA and the --secure
> options in TFTP which by some reason where removed and break the
> diskless boot.
>
> Regards.

Wow!  Thanks.  That should be invaluable.

Just two questions reading it over:

1. in ltsp-build-client which user is referred to with "your-user-id-here:your-password-here"  Is that the user which will be running mythfrontend or something else?

2. what did you mean by "run nvidia-driver"?  is that the compile of the module?  if so, isn't that done on boot?  Is DKMS still used?

Thanks again.

David.