[mythtv-users] Splitting a schedulesdirect lineup?

Jeff Piazza jeff at jeffpiazza.org
Sat Jun 19 14:39:26 UTC 2010

I just recently switched to FiOS in the Boston area, and upgraded to
Myth 0.23 in the process.

I've successfully gotten my two hdhomerun devices working on the clear
QAM channels, mostly local broadcast.  I did a local scan in mythtv-
setup, and edited the channels actually received to include the xmltv
id numbers.  I have a SchedulesDirect lineup for the local Verizon
system.

Next, I want to experiment with capturing other content over FireWire
from the QIP7100.  I've gotten as far as getting the firewire cable
hooked up and demonstrated changing channels via firewire control.

My concern is that (I think) I need to specify a separate lineup when
I add the cable box as a new FireWire encoder, because it will (or
should) be able to capture additional channels that the hdhomerun
cannot.  SchedulesDirect, however, won't let me subscribe to the same
Verizon lineup twice.

Am I misunderstanding something?  Surely I'm not the first person to
face this situation.

Thanks in advance for your help,
/JEP