[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 08:03:40 UTC 2010

Hi

On 19 June 2010 16:05, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:

> There are so many mixers & volume controls & other tools to set up sound on this system (and no clear indicator which is the
> right one to use and which ones are leftovers), I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

You want digital audio passthrough..

Using a mixer is NOT going to work for digital period...

>> -Uninstall pulse audio
>
> I'm going to hold off on this one.

Then don't be surprised that things don't work the way you want ti

>> -You have another audio card there with SPDIF output, (the microsoft
>> one), try this one instead.
>
> The ONLY Microsoft item on this computer is a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema that I plugged in today. It has a microphone, but no
> sound output capability.

Well, not according to your logs ; it lists a SPDIF output

Anyhow, it seems that you don't care much about my solutions, so I
will leave you to it... you obviously don't need my assistance

Cheers
JY