[mythtv-users] Manual, or less frequent, EIT crawl?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jun 18 23:29:58 UTC 2010

On 6/18/2010 19:08, Robert Johnston wrote:
> I realise that Schedules Direct is the best way to go, but if he
> doesn't have/can't afford/doesn't want to pay for a SD membership, he
> can always take advantage of the "Microsoft Media Center" listings
> services with mc2xml (http://mc2xml.110mb.com/). I'm personally using
> it on my backend, and it works fantastically (I wrote the tv_split
> addendum on that site to overcome a major shortcoming in
> mythfilldatabase).

It is the opinion of this project that Microsoft's guide listings are
licensed for the sole use of Windows Media Center users, and only for
use with the Windows Media Center software.  Use of such guide data
outside WMC would be deemed a violation of the terms of use for that
software.  Without some form of consent from Microsoft indicating that
such use of their guide data is allowed, we would request that you keep
all discussion of such software off any official MythTV channels.