[mythtv-users] Manual, or less frequent, EIT crawl?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:25:39 UTC 2010

>> Isn't there a per tuner setting "use tuner for active EIT scan" or
>> something of the like? My understanding was that with that turned off,
>> EIT data is only collected during recordings.
>
> Capture Card Setup -> Recording Options for the card(s) in question in
> mythtv-setup.

Yes, this is true, but then you run into the situation where EIT data
is only published X hours in advance, but your next recording on
channel Y is X+1 hours from now, so you'll never get the EIT data for
that show and it will never record. Passive scan is great, as long as
there's a way to manually force a full scan periodically to fill in
these gaps.