[mythtv-users] Manual, or less frequent, EIT crawl?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 05:17:32 UTC 2010

I'm setting up 0.23 with a HDHomeRun for ATSC OTA. I want to use EIT
for program listings (as I have been on my old 0.21 install), but the
constant EIT crawl is annoying for several* reasons. I'd like to
either:

1. disable the EIT crawl, but use cron to run an hourly EIT scan
or,
2. make the EIT crawler sleep for 60 minutes after each scan

Any ideas on how to accomplish one of these?

Thanks,
___
 /yler

* increases power consumption**, makes the activity lights on my
network switch useless, makes the 'tuned' light on the HDHR useless.

** this is a low-power system using a SheevaPlug w/ laptop HD for the
MBE with an eye to eventually going solar/wind power