[mythtv-users] [OT] Running a VNC server on :1 on Mythbuntu

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 20:25:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:18 PM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> A.  do you have the same problem when you remove the export XDG lines? They
> aren't required.
> B.  If so, you're probably best logging in as a different user and executing
> vncserver.  I'm not a linux expert so I couldn't tell you how to get two
> different font configurations for the same user.  I'm sure there is a way
> though.
Hi jansenj,
Thanks for the reply.  The 40-point font problem is one of my own
making -- I changed the default font for my account so that, when I
hook up a keyboard & mouse and use the TV as a monitor, I can sit on
the sofa and be able to read things.  There might be a way to
configure the font size dynamically based on the display (:0 vs :1) or
an environment variable, or some such.  For now, logging in as a
different user does the trick.

--wpd