[mythtv-users] Moving to Cablevision, involuntarily

Charles Wright cpwright at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:38:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> I can also confirm they have stopped deploying FIOS, basically if you
> don't have it in you street you wont ever be getting it.
>

> Cheers,
> Dean
Thats interesting.  I was told by a marketing manager that one of the
reasons they picked which towns to deploy was that in NY the franchise
laws required them to wire a whole town at a time.  For example,
Brookhaven is very large so they chose not to deploy there; because
they would need to wire the whole town at great expense in a fairly
short time frame.

Charles