[mythtv-users] recording name does not match database

F P zagor.fp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 09:03:05 UTC 2010

------------------------------
Hi all,

I have a mythbuntu 9.04 64bit working installation.
For several reasons I had to reinstall from scratch, still 9.04 64bit.
Before doing that, I did run the backup script
mythconverg_backup.pl<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/scripts/database/mythconverg_backup.pl?format=txt>as
suggested
here <http://www.mythbuntu.org/upgrading>, on the mythbuntu upgrading page.
After 9.04 reinstallation, I stopped the backend, drop the database, created
a new one and finally restored the database with the twin script
mythconverg_restore.pl<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/scripts/database/mythconverg_restore.pl?format=txt>
.

All recordings are there, as well as channels ids and so on.
But the recordings point to the wrong filenames!
It seems somewhere in the process of backup/restore, the database was
converted from "numbered filenames" to "pretty filenames".
For instance, a "dr house" manual recording previously pointing to
"1000_20100613211000.mpg" now points to a file named "dr house (Manual
Record) - 2010-06-13, 9-10 PM - Sun Jun 13 21-10-00 2010.mpg".

Is there any way I can rebuild the correct links between the database and
the real files?

I've tried renaming a file to the name the database expects, and it works,
but doing that for 100+ recordings drives me crazy!!!

Thanks for your help.