[mythtv-users] New mac mini The frontend for mythTV?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Wed Jun 16 00:01:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 16 June 2010 07:34, James Walker <jameswalker at clear.net.nz> wrote:
>> The ION chipset gives you VDPAU rev B which as noted above is not a big
>> difference on Rev C and when you are running a dual core Atom isn't an
>> issue that I have noticed.
>
> But can the 320M do Advanced 2X deinterlacing ?

Haven't tested it myself, but it's based on the GT216 core, same as
the GT220. So maybe.

(When searching for data, keep in mind that nVidia make both a Geforce
GT 320M and a Geforce 320M, and they aren't the same card)

It's a very pretty little box, and the extra grunt of a Core 2 Duo
could be handy for a few things, but it's still a $500 AUD premium
over an asus eeebox (to name a random Ion box with built in DVD).
Overkill for a frontend. I suppose it'd make a reasonable FE/BE with a
USB tuner added, but I'd be loathe to set up a BE with a laptop HDD.

- Chris