[mythtv-users] How can I get VNC to start on a machine reboot?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:21:29 UTC 2010

On 15 June 2010 17:14, Michael PARKER <michael.parker at st.com> wrote:
> [...]

This may be of some use to anyone wanting to start a vnc session at startup.

Instead of running the inbuilt vnc server I instead use x11vnc which
is in the fedora repo and may well be in other distros repos as well.

x11vnc works well with the nvidia driver, vdpau and even works with
compiz enabled on the remote machine.  You can also watch mythtv and
vlc remotely if you need to do some weird editing stuff.

I wrote a script (attached) that you can ssh into the remote box then
run the script to start a remote session, you could if you so desired
have the script run automatically at startup.

Regards